Neck Lift (Lower Rhytidectomy)
A neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline and neck.
What neck lift surgery can treat:
• Excess fat and skin relaxation in the lower face that creates jowls
• Excess fatty deposits under the chin
• Loose neck skin
• Muscle banding in the neck, which created abnormal contours
A neck lift is actually a set of procedures used to enhance the appearance of your neck:
• Cervicoplasty is the procedure used to remove excess skin
• Platysmaplasty removes or alters neck muscles
How a Neck Lift Is Done?
Typically, the procedure will last two to three hours. Of course, if you are having a neck lift in conjunction with liposuction, facelift, brow lift, or other surgeries, the time will vary accordingly. Your exact procedure will depend on your desired results and your own personal circumstances. In order to undergo a neck lift, you must be in good general health, both physically and mentally.